Librarian (Teen Services specialization)FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Status: Part Time (25 hours per week)
Starting Wages: $23.10/hr
Reports to: Associate Director for Public Services
We are looking for a creative, energetic individual who loves working with teenagers, has an interest in current and emerging technologies, and works well in a team setting. The successful applicant will work primarily in a public service capacity during afternoon hours with some evenings and weekends. Our library’s mission is to provide informational resources, programs, and services for the personal enrichment, education, and enjoyment of all citizens and for the betterment of the community.
- Engage with students during after-school hours at the library, including providing passive and active programming experiences;
- Seek regular feedback from patrons age 10-16 and give them the opportunity to actively participate in developing and implementing programs for their peers;
- Work closely with other librarians to provide year-round Maker Space programming, outreach to local schools, and a robust Teen Summer Reading program;
- Assist in the maintenance and selection of the teen materials collection;
- Create displays, bibliographies, and promotional materials;
- Provide excellent reference, reader’s advisory, and customer service.
- Master’s degree in library science from ALA-accredited program required.
- Experience working with children ages 10-16 strongly preferred. PA Child Abuse Clearances required immediately upon hire.
- New hires are subject to fingerprinting and a background check upon acceptance of an offer of employment; evaluation at 6 months and 12 months.
The Benefit policy for Regular Part-Time Employees can be found here: http://mtlebanonlibrary.org/187/Library-Policies
While performing the duties of this job the employee: may be frequently required to move and/or lift materials up to 25 pounds and push a loaded book truck weighing up to 300 pounds; regularly required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, crawl, reach, climb, balance, and sit; operate a keyboard at efficient speed and typical office equipment, including computer hardware; regularly required to talk and/or hear; use hands to operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Vision and hearing at or correctable to "normal ranges.” Occasionally required to attend off-site meetings. Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
Mt. Lebanon will make reasonable accommodations to assure access to all persons. If because of a disability you require an accommodation, please contact Robyn Vittek at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-942-0922. EOE.
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Robyn E. Vittek, Director
Mt. Lebanon Public Library
16 Castle Shannon Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15228
or electronically to email@example.com
Teen Student Page
Pages are employed by the library to sort and shelve books. To be considered for this position, you must print out, read, complete and turn in to the library both of the following documents: