Text a Librarian
Try it now!
Text START to 412-685-4004.
You will receive instructions for use. In the future, text the above number directly for assistance.
How do I text the library a question?
- > Text your question to 412-685-4004
What kinds of questions can be answered via text?
- > Any type of question
- > Texting is meant to provide short, just-in-time answers.
- > You may be directed to email or phone if your question cannot be adequately answered via text.
- > Use of this service is governed by Mt. Lebanon Public Library Policy No. 28 Patron Behavior Policy.
How long will it take to get a response to my text?
- > When the library is open, a response will be sent within 2 hours.
- > Text received 30 minutes prior to closing or after hours of operation will be answered when the library reopens.
- > If your text is not answered within 24 hours, it may be due to technical difficulities. You may want to call or email the library with your question if you have not received a response with 24 hours. The library is not responsible for text messages that are not received or delayed due to technical, telecommunications or internet failures.
Is there a charge for the service?
- > The library does not charge for this service nor does it generate revenue from cell phone service providers.
- > Check with your service provider regarding any fees or costs associated with texting.
- > The library is not responsible for any charges assessed by the user's cell phone service provider.
What about my personal information and privacy?
- > Your wireless number is kept confidential
- > Your communication with the library is protected under guidelines outlined in Mt. Lebanon Public Library Policy No. 27 Confidentiality of Library Records
- > Text a Librarian uses the same security protocols as online banking. Patron phone numbers are kept private. Text-a-Librarian technology is mobile carrier-certified, ensuring message delivery and security. More information at: textalibrarian.com
Need a more detailed answer?
- > Email: email@example.com
- > Call: 412.531.1912
- Library Home
- Programs & Events
- Research & Reference
- Reader Resources
- eMedia Collection