Monetary Donations (by the Library) Policy
Mt. Lebanon Public Library Policy No. 25 `
Monetary Donations by the Library to Community, Civic, and Non-Profit organizations
MT. LEBANON PUBLIC LIBRARY
POLICY NUMBER: 25
TITLE: Monetary Donations by the Library to Community, Civic, and Non-Profit organizations
DATE ISSUED: August 17, 2006
REPLACES: Previous Policy No. 25, April 15, 1999
PURPOSE: To set forth the intent of the Library Board of Trustees (“Board”) regarding solicitations from community, civic, and non-profit organizations for monetary contributions from the Library.
STATEMENT OF POLICY:
- 1. The Mt. Lebanon Public Library (“Library”), as a non-profit entity, does not encourage organizations to request monetary donations from the Library.
- 2. The Board, however, reserves the right to review requests for monetary contributions from the Library and, in doing so, may use the following criteria in judging the merits of such requests:
- a. Does the organization or group support the Library’s mission?
- b. Does the organization or group use Library services as part of their educational efforts?
- c. Does the organization or group offer a service to the members of our community?
- d. Is the organization or group a local community effort?
- 3. If these criteria are satisfied, the Board may, at its discretion, vote in favor of making a donation to the requesting organization or group. The Board shall review requests on a case-by-case basis, and any decision to accept, reject, or otherwise modify any such request lies with the sole discretion of the Board.
|Monetary Donations by the Library to Community, Civic and Non-Profti Organizations 25_Aug 2006.pdf||62.54 KB|
- Library Home
- Programs & Events
- Research & Reference
- Reader Resources
- eMedia Collection