Mt. Lebanon Public Library Policy No. 10
MT. LEBANON PUBLIC LIBRARY
POLICY NUMBER: 10
DATE ISSUED: March 21, 2002
REPLACES: December 11, 1990
PURPOSE: To establish a framework for the development and administration of library personnel procedures.
GENERAL REFERENCES: A Handbook for Public Library Trustees
Municipality of Mt. Lebanon Personnel Manual
STATEMENT OF POLICY:
1. The provision of quality library services depends significantly upon the human resources employed by the Mt. Lebanon Public Library. Personnel management plans and practices have a significant impact on the performance and utilization of employees.
2. The library adopts the municipal manual as the basis for its personnel administration. The manual’s subjects include general policy, hiring procedures, benefits, grievance procedures, recruitment, job classification, record keeping, and evaluation.
3. The Library Board reserves the right to modify and adapt parts of the municipal policy and procedure for unique library needs.
4. Modifications of the municipal personnel manual will be approved by the Board and listed in the library’s copy of that manual.
5. The main modifications or additions to the municipal manual are:
5.1. The Library Board appoints and evaluates the Library Director and approves the hiring of all other full-time employees. Part-time employees are hired by the Library Director. New hires reported to the Board at the next meeting.
5.2. Library salaries are set by the Library Board with guidance from the municipal compensation plan.
5.3. Library job descriptions will be developed by the library, but should follow the format of other municipal job descriptions.
6. Future changes in the municipal personnel manual will be considered as changes in the library’s personnel practices unless other action is taken by the Board.
|Personnel Policy 10_Mar 2002.pdf||53.3 KB|
- Library Home
- Programs & Events
- Research & Reference
- Reader Resources
- eMedia Collection