Public Notice Bulletin Boards Policy
Mt. Lebanon Public Library Policy No. 18
Public Notice Bulletin Board
MT. LEBANON PUBLIC LIBRARY
POLICY NUMBER: 18
TITLE: Public Notice Bulletin Board
DATE ISSUED: February 21, 2002
REPLACES: Previous policy no. 18, August 8, 1991
PURPOSE: To set forth the types of materials that may be displayed on the library’s community information bulletin boards and display racks.
STATEMENT OF POLICY:
1. The Mt. Lebanon Public Library encourages the display by non-profit, civic, and
community groups of informational bulletins, brochures and posters regarding
educational, cultural, civic, intellectual, and charitable activities of interest to the local
2. Materials supplied by commercial establishments may be displayed on the Library’s
community information bulletin board if they promote the mission and goals of
the library. The library director is authorized to judge which materials meet this
3. Excluded from display are personal ads and notices, notices of items for sale or rent, and
political campaign advertising and notices advocating or promoting partisan political
4. Because of limited space, posters may be no larger than 11 inches by 17 inches.
5. Materials may be displayed for limited periods of time only.
6. Library staff will initial and date items submitted. Materials will be posted as space allows.
7. The Library reserves the right to establish time, place, and manner restrictions for the
display of materials submitted. The Library also reserves the right to restrict the
geographic area from which materials will be accepted and to determine the frequency
with which material may be posted for the same group.
|Public Notice Bulletin Boards Policy 18_Feb 2002.pdf||51.62 KB|
- Library Home
- Programs & Events
- Research & Reference
- Reader Resources
- eMedia Collection