Solicitation and Sales Policy
Mt. Lebanon Public Library Policy No. 22
Solicitations and Sales by Local Non-profit, Civic, Community, Non-library Groups
MT. LEBANON PUBLIC LIBRARY
POLICY NUMBER: 22
TITLE: Solicitations and Sales by Local Non-profit, Civic, Community,
DATE ISSUED: May 27, 2004
REPLACES: Previous policy no. 22, issued March 12, 1992; rev. January 15, 2004
PURPOSE: To delineate the extent to which the library can be used for fund raising by local non-library groups.
STATEMENT OF POLICY:
1. Sales and solicitations at the library must be restricted because of the following:
1.1 Storage and shelf space in the library is limited.
1.2 Normal activities of the library demand the staff’s full attention at the public
1.3 The library cannot assume responsibility for other groups’ money.
1.4 The library cannot function as a sales office for all worthwhile charities
and groups in Mt. Lebanon.
2. Prohibitions include, but are not limited to:
2.1 Selling and/or soliciting for services, money, items, or signatures, except for library or library-related activities.
2.2 Distributing or posting printed materials, literature, or other items that have not been approved by the Library for use inside the Library building. (see also Library policy #18.)
3. Outside groups may not solicit library patrons in the library or on library property.
4. Posters and/or fliers announcing a campaign or ticket sale to benefit non-profit, civic and/or community organizations may be displayed in the community information center if space allows, and if the material complies with the Library’s Public Bulletin Board Policy No. 18.
5. Nothing in this policy shall prohibit a person’s freedom of expression of his first amendment rights as guaranteed by the United States Constitution.
|the solicitation and sales policy 22_May 2004.pdf||104.33 KB|
- Library Home
- Programs & Events
- Research & Reference
- Reader Resources
- eMedia Collection