For the last seven years, Mt. Lebanon Library’s Children’s Department has challenged kids and families to create a book-themed diorama using marshmallow Peeps®. We are excited to continue the tradition for its eighth year! So let your imagination run wild and see what you can create with those fluffy, sugary bundles of gooey goodness.
Diorama drop-off period opens March 20 and closes March 26.
Here’s what to do: Just create your diorama (a shoebox works as a wonderful staging area), print and complete the below submission form, and bring both to the Children’s Library between March 20 - March 26!
Submission Form (PDF)
1) Each diorama must be based on a book or literary theme.
2) Characters should be portrayed by Peeps®.
3) Please limit the use of food items (other than Peeps) in your diorama.
4) Make the diorama using a shoebox sized box. Limit 1 entry per contestant/group.
5) All entries must be in good taste. We reserve the right to omit any entries we feel are not appropriate for public viewing.
6) Drop off entries at the children's desk between March 20th – 26th. An entry form must be submitted with your creation.
7) The public is invited to view the entries on display from March 27th – April 2th and cast their vote for the "Peep-le's Choice" Award in each category.
8) Winners will be announced on April 6th and prizes will be awarded.
9) Entries must be picked up by April 13th otherwise they will be discarded (or eaten.)