David Kenneth Held Memorial Scholarship
Program Sponsored By: The Family of David Kenneth Held | Mt. Lebanon Public Library | Friends of the Mt. Lebanon Public Library
- Applicants must be enrolled in Mt. Lebanon School District.
- Applicants must be eligible to graduate in the class of 2022.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited college, university, or institution of higher learning for the fall semester in 2022.
- Applicants must have an active Mt. Lebanon Public Library Card.
- Applicants will create a short video production (1-3 minutes) using the theme “MORE at Mt. Lebanon Public Library.”
- All entries must be produced and directed by the applicant, and may be either a group project or individual work. Each entry may only represent one eligible senior; the scholarship will not be split among a group. Adult guidance, instruction, and acting in the video are permissible, but the planning and production (including writing, videography, special effects, sound, and editing) must reflect student effort. Professional video production companies may not be used for any portion of the submission. Applicants wishing to film in the library will be very welcome, but must first contact the Library Director.
- The use of commercial music, sound or video clips from other videos, television shows, or music videos; or the use of any other copyrighted materials, logos, or images is not permitted unless the material is in the public domain or the filmmaker has received written permission from the copyright holder. Applicants have permission to use the Mt. Lebanon Public Library logo(s) in their work and may contact the Library Director to receive a copy of the image file(s) as needed.
- Video and complete application must be submitted by 5 pm EST Friday, April 29, 2022 in .mov, .wma, or .mp4 digital format on a USB flash drive.
- Submissions must include the attached application form and accompanying documentation.
The David Kenneth Held Memorial Scholarship Committee will select the winner of the $1000 scholarship.
David Kenneth Held Memorial Video