What makes a community great?
Here's what you told us...
In 2018, the Library hosted a series of community conversations and a public survey to answer the question "What makes a community great?"
People of all ages told us their perceptions of our community and shared their aspirations for Mt. Lebanon.
The following themes were common to all of the library-led conversations and the survey:
- Safe, Walkable, Welcoming, Connected & Dynamic
The library will be hosting several interactive group discussions on these topics in 2019. The first of which is Tuesday, May 7th at 6:00pm in Meeting Room B at the Library. Light refreshments will be served.
Register using the button below (note: if registration is full, please provide your contact information for the "waiting list." We will use this to contact you once additional conversation opportunities are scheduled).
Unable to attend in person? Use the 'Comment' button below.
Turning Outward Initiative Background Information
The Office of Commonwealth Libraries has engaged The Harwood Institute for Public Innovation to work with Pennsylvania public libraries to understand and implement Harwood’s “turning outward” approach toward making decisions about library services. Mt. Lebanon Public Library was selected as one of the libraries to participate in this initiative.
The intent of the Turning Outward initiative is to:
- Develop library organizations and staff who are Turned Outward—where the community is the reference point for making decisions;
- Generate strategies and actions that make public libraries more relevant and significant in the life of the community, and seeks to address local financial concerns;
- Forge partnerships and relationships that make community a common enterprise;
- Instill a more vibrant, outward-looking culture.
For questions about the Turning Outward initiative, email email@example.com.
IMLS Funding Acknowledgement
This project is made possible by federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services as administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.