The Wednesday, April 26, lecture with Colson Whitehead at Mellon Middle School has sold out. That means 1,000+ people will be attending; parking lots around the school will be maxed out.
If you have tickets, please consider the following:
• Using Uber or lyft
• Being dropped off by a friend or significant other
• The T (for those coming from points North)
If you are driving, we suggest the following parking options:
• The Library/Southminster Church Lot—accessible from Hazel Drive and Castle Shannon Blvd
• Mellon School Lot (across from the library on Castle Shannon and right before Cornell Place)
• Street parking
• The South Lot (across from Mellon school at the start of the business district)
• The South Parking Garage (next to the municipal building)
For those willing to walk a distance:
• Alfred Street Parking Lot (between Washington Road and the T line)
• The North Parking Garage (Washington Road at the top of Cedar Blvd)
• Cedar Lot (on Cedar Blvd across from the Florida Avenue intersection)
• The Academy Avenue Parking Lot (Behind the PNC Bank and across Academy Ave from Rolliers)
• Doors open at 6 pm.
• The event is in Mellon School Auditorium. Please use the Washington Road entrance. There will be no admittance from the Castle Shannon entrance.
Washington Road Business District Parking Map