Current Services Update
Mt. Lebanon Public Library's hours and services.
Monday - Thursday: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.*
Friday: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.*
Saturday: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.*
*Upstairs and downstairs doors will be open during the hours listed above. To browse the collection or use a computer, make an appointment online or call us at 412-531-1912. No appointment needed to pick up your holds at the circulation desk.
- Browsing and Computer Use by Appointment
- Free Printing (wireless printing is also available for contact-free pickup)
- Self-serve copy services and scanning (exact change only)
- Library card registrations, renewals, and account services
- Holds pickup at the circulation desk during listed hours without an appointment.
- Contact-free holds pickup also available by appointment at patron’s request.
- Virtual programing
45-minute appointments are available for computer use and browsing. We encourage patrons to make an appointment online, or by calling us at 412-531-1912 - although a few walk-up appointments will be available. Upon entering the Library, please check in at the kiosk by the circulation desk.
For your safety when visiting
- Patrons must wear a face mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times in the building per municipal mandate.
- Please adhere to all social distancing regulations and pay attention to all posted signage—our COVID signage has been created with a bright orange background so you can’t miss it!
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the building.
- We have rearranged our floor plans to prevent overcrowding. Please do not move furniture or barriers.
- When checking out materials, please observe the six-foot markers we have installed on the floors by the checkout desk while waiting your turn, or use the self-check stations, which are located across from the circulation desk and conveniently arranged for social distancing.
- If you or a member of your household have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, feel sick, or have visited a COVID-19 hotspot within the past 14 days, please wait to visit the library. We offer a variety of digital materials, resources and programming, including eBooks, music, movies, and much more that you can access virtually 24/7.
Materials can be returned at any time to the Book Drop on Castle Shannon Blvd 24/7. As a precaution, returned materials are quarantined for at least four days (96 hours per county agreement) before staff can handle and check them in. Please don’t be concerned if your returned materials remain on your account for several days!
Pick up holds at the Circulation Desk during open hours or schedule a contact-free pickup.
Contact-Free holds Pickup
We will continue contact-free pickup or those who would like to continue maintaining distance.
- You will need to set up an appointment by calling 412-531-1912.
- The available time slots will be four-hour time blocks that correspond with listed hours. Items will be removed from the table 15 minutes before the end of the time block.
- This holds table will be located inside or near the upper entrance .
- Your items will be placed in bags labeled with your last name and first initial to maintain your privacy. Items will be checked out and ready – just grab your bag and go!
- Please wear a mask and practice social distancing when picking up items.
Friends of Mt. Lebanon Library now offers a Home Delivery Service to Mt. Lebanon residents who have library cards and are physically unable to come to the library. Fill out a Patron Delivery Waiver or call 412-531-1912, ext 3, to have a form mailed to you.
To help provide Internet access to as many residents as possible, we have expanded the outdoor range of our 24/7 free Wi-Fi.
Reference staff will answer phones, perform online reference, and help patrons in the building during listed hours.
The children’s library staff will be available at the children’s desk. They will continue with virtual children’s and teen programming, reference, booklists, teacher support, book bundles, and more.
Friends of the Library/Book Cellar
The Book Cellar is now selling books and other items online!
Notice: The Used Book Store inside the library remains closed and is not currently accepting donations.
Mt. Lebanon Library will continue to host free virtual classes, workshops, storytimes, and more. Check our online calendar to see what is coming up.
We also continue to offer free eResources to stream, and patrons can download eAudioBooks, eBooks, magazines, TV shows, movies, music, and online learning services on your computer or mobile device. Go to www.mtlebanonlibrary and click the Virtual Programs tab.
Our Commitment to Safety
- The Library’s quarantine plan for materials exceeds the time that the CDC indicates that the COVID-19 virus can survive on paper or plastic.
- Returned items are quarantined for at least four days (96 hours per Allegheny County Library Association service agreement) before staff process them.
- Items with plastic covers that appear visibly dirty will be subject to additional cleaning.
- The building will be cleaned and high touch points sanitized twice daily Monday-Thursday between 2-4 pm and after 8 pm, once daily after hours on Fridays and Saturdays, and an additional disinfectant cleaning will be performed during the week.
- All staff are required to wear face coverings over their nose and mouth at all times when serving the public.
- Staff members take their temperature upon entering the building at the start of every shift. Staff who exhibit a temperature of 100.4 or higher, are sick or who are exhibiting flu-like symptoms are not permitted to work.
- Should a staff member test positive for COVID-19 they will be required to self-quarantine.