Current Services Update
Mt. Lebanon Public Library's hours and services.
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Friday & Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sundays: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
The library is open during the hours listed above. You no longer need to make an appointment to visit the library.
- Browsing and computer use.
- Printing, Scanning to USB and Copying
- Library card registrations, renewals, and account services
- Holds pickup at the circulation desk.
- Contact-free holds pickup also available by appointment at patron’s request.
- Virtual programing
For your safety when visiting
- Please adhere to local social distancing guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the building.
- We have rearranged our floor plans to prevent overcrowding. Please do not move furniture or barriers.
- If you or a member of your household have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, feel sick, or have visited a COVID-19 hotspot within the past 14 days, please wait to visit the library. We offer a variety of digital materials, resources and programming, including eBooks, music, movies, and much more that you can access virtually 24/7.
Materials may be returned at any time to the Book Drop on Castle Shannon Blvd 24/7 or inside the library during open hours.
Pick up holds at the Circulation Desk during open hours or by scheduling a contact-free pickup.
Contact-Free holds Pickup
We will continue contact-free pickup or those who would like to continue maintaining distance.
- You will need to set up an appointment by calling 412-531-1912.
- The available time slots will be four-hour time blocks that correspond with listed hours. Items will be removed from the table 15 minutes before the end of the time block.
- This holds table will be located inside or near the upper entrance .
- Your items will be placed in bags labeled with your last name and first initial to maintain your privacy. Items will be checked out and ready – just grab your bag and go!
Friends of Mt. Lebanon Library now offers a Home Delivery Service to Mt. Lebanon residents who have library cards and are physically unable to come to the library. Fill out a Patron Delivery Waiver or call 412-531-1912, ext 3, to have a form mailed to you.
To help provide Internet access to as many residents as possible, we have expanded the outdoor range of our 24/7 free Wi-Fi.
Reference staff will answer phones, perform online reference, and help patrons in the building during listed hours.
The children’s library staff will be available at the children’s desk. They will continue with virtual children’s and teen programming, reference, booklists, teacher support, book bundles, and more.
Friends of the Library/Book Cellar
The Book Cellar is now selling books and other items online!
Notice: The Used Book Store inside the library remains closed and is not currently accepting donations.
Mt. Lebanon Library will continue to host free virtual classes, workshops, storytimes, and more. Check our online calendar to see what is coming up.
We also continue to offer free eResources to stream, and patrons can download eAudioBooks, eBooks, magazines, TV shows, movies, music, and online learning services on your computer or mobile device. Go to www.mtlebanonlibrary and click the Virtual Programs tab.
Our Commitment to Safety
- The building will be cleaned and high touch points sanitized daily, and an additional disinfectant cleaning will be done routinely.
- Should a staff member test positive for COVID-19 they will be required to self-quarantine.