Summer Reading Details
How to Sign Up on a Desktop or Laptop Computer:
- Please note: If you used Beanstack in 2021 for the Kid’s Summer Reading program, you don’t have to make a new account. Just login and select “challenges” to join the Summer Reading program. Otherwise, follow the instructions below:
- Go to https://carnegielibrary.beanstack.org/reader365
- Select I am registering myself. Only use this option if you have your own email and do not want to be part of a family account.
- You will log in and track independently.
- An individual account can’t be added to an existing family account without losing progress and prizes earned.
- Need additional help? Watch a tutorial here.
How to Sign Up Children or Families:
- Select I am an adult registering a child.
- Everyone in a family can access the account with the same username and password
- Each member can track progress and earn prizes at their own pace.
- Each member is automatically enrolled in the right program based on age and grade in the Fall.
- Adults do not have to sign themselves up to log minutes. You can have just children on the family account.
How to Sign Up on Your Smartphone or Tablet Using the Beanstack Tracker App:
- Search for Beanstack Tracker on the Apple App Store or Google Play store. Download to your device.
- Click Let's Go
- Click on the blue button marked School, Library or Bookstore.
- Go to Find a Site and search for Carnegie Library Pittsburgh. Tap the library name to get to the login screen.
- Click on Don’t Have an Account?” Sign Up! to get to the registration screen.
- Add email and create a password (username is optional)
- Personal Information: First Name and Last Name and Phone Number and Zip code.
- Select Library (You will need to select Mt. Lebanon Library as your home library to be eligible for our weekly prize drawings.) from dropdown menu. Click continue.
- After the account has been created, there is the option to either Fill Out My Reader Profile (this must be completed if the account holder wants to participate in a reading challenge) or Add A Reader (for a family account with the parent not participating in a reading challenge). You can always update the account profile to participate in challenges or to add additional readers.
- Enter age. You can add an optional profile picture. You will be asked to enter a grade level. For adults you will have an adult option. You have the option to enter a school if appropriate.
- Select the Mt. Lebanon Public Library Reading Challenge. Click on the register button. Confirm if prompted and you are now registered! You will receive an email confirmation that you have successfully registered. Please check your spam.
- You can select an option to receive a book recommendation each week of summer reading.
- Your reading profile is complete. You can at this point choose to add another reader.
- Your Beanstack home screen will allow you to see your reading stats, all your titles that you have logged, all your challenges and reviews.
- Select the plus sign to log in your reading and activities.
- When logging your reading the default is by book title, if you would like to change your log in to pages, days or minutes select the three dots in the upper right-hand corner.
Logging Your Reading and Activities
How to Log Reading and Activities:
Reading and activities can be logged through the Beanstack app, the website, or both! There are a few methods for logging reading, and no matter which method you use, you will still earn points.
In a Web Browser (Desktop or Laptop Computer)
- Log in to Beanstack & select the Mt. Lebanon Library Summer Reading Challenge
- Click “Log Reading & Activities” in the upper left corner of the page (it is a big yellow button!)
- If you have a family account that covers multiple children, chose who you are logging for using the dropdown menu
- Choose what you would like to log using the icons: Days, minutes, pages, books read, or complete an activity
- Once you have clicked your icon of choice, fill in the information on the page you opened (book titles, authors, and personal reviews are always optional—no need to do more than add anything more than simple numbers.)
- If you are completing an activity, simply click the image of the desired activity, then click the plus sign for each time you repeated it
In the App:
- Log in to Beanstack & select the Mt. Lebanon Library Summer Reading Challenge.
- Select the plus sign to log your reading and activities
- When logging reading the default metric is books read. If you would like to change to time, pages, or days, tap the three dots in the upper right hand corner.
- To log activities scroll down and click the activity you would like to complete.
Logging within the app can be done on any page with the plus (+) icon at the bottom of the screen. Watch a tutorial here.